Sunday, January 15, 2012

I had started a new way to read my bible...!

So some of  you may hear that it is best to read your bible in the morning before you start your day…

But if you’re like me your always in a hurry because you decided to stay in bed a few more minutes than what you should have. Yes I believe we should read our bibles and take time for the Lord DAILY!

But with some of us are lives are quite chaotic right…

Well I have figured out a great way to be able to get in some time with the Lord (reading that is)

1.      Yes to get up early that’s a given.

But early enough to read Psalms and Proverbs… the way I see it we all should at least read these daily in the morning when we get up. Reading it daily gives you advice and comfort, knowledge and wisdom, so much positive feedback that may and will come in handy that day or the next.

2.      So two is read your psalm and proverbs daily every morning.

If you’re like me you may have kids, well I wanted to do something with them and as I can see in my life mornings just do not seem to cut it (at the moment). So what I was able to do and what I came up with is to read my daily versus (not proverbs & Psalm because we read those in the morning). Like Genesis I read three to four chapters out loud to my kids while they lay in their beds and they listened though they may not quite understand but over time they will learn and grow to understand as will I.

3.      Read three to four chapters a day out loud with your kids (If you have kids and when it is best for you).

We are getting to hear the words/gospel, so I am getting knowledge and wisdom from reading Psalm and Proverbs daily in the morning and then I am teaching myself as well as my kids about the bible and showing them the importance of reading daily.

I find it amazing to be able to read out loud to them on a daily basis because then they expect it and when they do not hear it or say you forgot, they tend to remind you and ask you to read to them. which makes sure you read for yourself and for them!!
Try it and let me know how it works (only if you do not have your own reading scheldue) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...