Thursday, July 5, 2012

Guest post: It's a Virtue




Hi guys! I'm Sarah from Doodlepad and I'm the oldest of five girls in the Evergreen State. My Dad is the Associate Pastor of our church, and I consider myself a red-neck. Oh, and I am homeschooled (except now I'm graduated). Well, now that you have a brief bio...

Does anybody else wish they had a time-machine?
 I do.
 Not just to go to the past and fix mistakes I've made, but to see what the future holds, so I can know what to prepare for.
However, as a born-again Christian, the future is one thing I shouldn't need to worry about.
And yet...
I just graduated this year, and have been very blessed by the people around me, but, as graduates know, that one question that gets asked over and over is "So what are your plans?"
And over and over, I say, " I don't really have any."
(Which, coming from a person who loves planning ahead, is kinda embarrassing)
Of course, I have SOME plans...I'll be somewhat busy this summer, I might go somewhere this fall, I need to get a job of some kind, and all that, but I dont have anything nailed down in the long-term area of things.
I don't want to go back to college, I don't want to pursue a huge career (unless, of course, God has other plans).
And I know that God has a definite plan for my life....I just don't know what it is.
In the past couple years as I saw graduation/ real life approaching, I caught myself stressing out about not knowing what to do with the rest of my life. Since I know God has a specific plan for me, it would be a pointless waste of time to pursue any other life-plan, so I can't just make something up...
Last summer I went on a missions trip and I was hoping I would have this spiritual revelation from God telling me what to do next.
I didn't get one.
But I did learn some important lessons.
And since then things have happened to show me that I don't need to stress out about God's will for my life, because He's gonna take care of it! Whatever He wants to happen will happen. All I have to do is be ready to serve him when he presents the opportunity. Which is easier said than done, but still!
What a relief...
So I guess I just need to wait, huh.
Darn it.
 It's that patience lesson again....
I don't know what's going on in your life at the moment, but I do know we serve an awesome God, who will work every thing out in His time.
 
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:3
 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philipians 4:19
And, my personal favorite:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31
 


 
(Thank you, Heather, for the chance to do a guest post...this was my first one!!)

***Sarah, Your gift is being sent out tomorrow!! :) 
Thank you for all the great work!! 
Also I am glad to be the first to Feature you as a GUEST BLOGGER! :)***

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...