Thursday, August 4, 2011

A way of escape...



I have noticed that most while they go on vacation they tend to forget to focus on an important aspect in their life… That most important thing in our lives is The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, though we may go on vacation to visit new places or old friends and families’s we should still keep focused and keep hold of him. We are to pray without ceasing the bible says and to devote ourselves to him in daily reading and prayer.
I noticed myself slipping into that lazy want to do nothing but enjoy my time mode the first two days out here. But then I was brought back, I remembered that without his daily words I feel weak and I came across some people who I would say needs to hear his words. Those people I came across you could feel and see the evil, see the world all over them. I thank the Lord for his different ways to let me know to get away from this person because the devil is really working in this person’s life and could harm me or even make me fall from where I currently am.
I just want to say that because the Lord is working in my life I can see those who are of this world and see the true forms of others… I cry and pray for them that the important people to me can let go and realize that they are straying away from God. I remember I was hanging out with someone and I was fine but once the other person came along I started to get a bad headache and this person was just unruly and actions were, well let’s say it made me uncomfortable and the headache grew the longer I stayed till finally I said good-bye and left.
John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall        not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
            Psalm 78:10
They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law;
            Psalm 5:8
Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
            Psalm 119:11, 66, 67, 68
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.
Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.
There are many scriptures that give us guidance and tell us to walk a straight and narrow path. That the Lord will guide us and gives us help as well as give us another way to escape the temptation. But I am glad that he gives us that way to escape to be able to remove ourselves from temptation and remove ourselves from most bad situations.

3 comments:

  1. Heather that is sooo true it is very easy to slip into lazy mode when you are on vacation ;)
    hope you are having fun!!

    KayleeBeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising the Lord Jesus Christ the you are seeking Him! AMEN!
    Praying for you...love ya and can't wait to see you all soon...one week and you guys will be back!
    Yay!
    Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely THE MOST beautiful picture EVER!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...