Thursday, August 28, 2014

Patient/Patience ...

As I sit here at my desk just thinking (nothing to amazing)... I ponder what to write about... Lord give me something to write, that will help others and help myself. 
And once again 
....Silence.....
Bingo " Patience"
Something I know myself and others lack from time to time.

I know the LORD has definitely been helping me to learn patiences.
 From my Family reading Bible every morning, we each take turns, I read some then each of my boys. They are good at reading, but they have times where they struggle with words or they make up a word that starts with the first letter of the word they are on... 
Hmmmm..... 
Yeah its a struggle sometimes to sit there
 and let them read., but I do it to build my patiences. 
Or how about trying to fish...?


Now I will be the first to admit, I DO NOT fish and have not since i was a little girl (between 7-9). 
I am far from a woman who likes to fish, hunt, and well get dirty in the outdoors,
Let alone FISH.
So yes, I have two boys and want them to be able to enjoy boy things. 
So I for the first time I took them fishing.
(This past Monday in Aug 2014)

~Trying~

~Yes I wore an apron, cause I did not want to get the bait or whatever else on me ;-)~

 ~The catch of the day~

It was a sight trying to bait the hook and get my hands icky, or casting the line etc...
But my boys where right there encouraging me...
Telling me "WOW, mom that was a good one it went far out there!"
 Looking back now, I could have been a little more patience with them, as they were with me.
 We went twice in a week, why you may ask? 
Well to build my patiences! 
To do something I may not like to do, so that my boys could enjoy something they may love to do one day. As well as teach them about being patience as well.
Because we all know the process when fishing is 
"WAITING"
And when we wait we must be PATIENCE! 

Ahhhh there it is.

Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: 
for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
James 5:8 KJV

The LORD wants us to learn to be patience in life from speaking with others, praying for others, and well even sitting at a red light when you know you are running late... 
God wants us to be patient with others and with ourselves. 
Patience in wisdom, kindness, love, relationships, family, and the list goes on. 
Patience with family who may not know Jesus and the joy that comes with it. 
With friends going through something we may not understand.
I have asked for Patience and we all know when we ask the Lord for Patience 
we will get tribulations, as it states many times in the bible.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Romans 5:3 KJV

Why did I ask? because i want to learn it, I want to have patience. That's why I put myself in situations to grow from it (ex: Reading the bible taking turns, Fishing). 
It teaches me and it will teach my kids, though there are other things we benefit from those situations also...
Yes and some are tribulations that i may not have control over, but I have a powerful God unlike any other that others claim are out there (for later discussion). 
I know he will not put me through something he knew I could not handle
 (1 Corinthian 10:13 KJV and take the time to study into that :-) 
and I trust him to help me through any thing I may have to go through,
 whether it for the good or bad outcome! 

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1 Timothy 6:11 KJV

There are many verses with Patients/Patience, 
so why don't you start your patience by looking each of them up!

Look forward to your comments on what you found to help you or what God has done in your life to help with building patiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...